Work has been crazy so I haven’t been crafting much. I did make a small turned box for my mother-in-law, but I sent it off in the mail before I got any good photos. I also have been doing a little spinning but nothing much to show there.
I figured this would be a good time to list out all my WIPs that I need to get finished, along with a couple planned items for gift-giving season.
- Simple gray hat out of sock wool (cast on 2 years ago) for my dad’s friend. I made my dad one just like it, and his friend Bruce wanted one too.
- Another hat for Dad. I think he’s terrified of losing his only one because he loves that I made it really big and it doesn’t feel tight on his head.
- A new hat for Brent. He picked out a skein of “Jo rides a motorbike” sock yarn from Dyeabolical yarns at Strange Folk last weekend. He deserves one because he’s kept his alpaca hat in good shape for years now, and it’s starting to look shabby.
- My Acer Cardigan, started last fall in a lovely orange color. I should get this done before fall is gone and I don’t want to wear orange anymore.
- A brown corduroy skirt that I’m making with the couture techniques I learned from the couture dress class on Craftsy. It will go nicely with that orange cardigan.
- My couture dress from the same class above (would love to have this done by the end of Oct, but it’s looking highly unlikely).
- A set of embroidered tea towels. I think I have 4 days done. 3 more to go!
- Block my wingspan shawl and take photos.
- Turn some small hollow vessels to prepare for giving a demonstration on Oct 11.
- Spin some of the lovely fiber I have been purchasing lately. I have so much lovely fiber to pick from!
ETA: Arrrrgh! I can’t find the half finished gray hat. I definitely don’t want to have to reknit all of that. I hope I find it soon!